AT HOME WITH DIVERSITY TAUGHT BY ALDO IEMMA
CBR,CIPS,CRS,GREEN,GRI,MCNE,RENE,SRS,SRES,AHWD,e-PRO,RSPS and SFR
At Home with Diversity was designed to meet adult learning needs. Information and activities are presented for each major learning objective in the course. The format addresses the major styles of adult learning by answering these questions:
- Why must I learn this information?
- What will I learn?
- How can I use this information in my business?package to determine start deadlines.
About The Course
At Home with Diversity is an award-winning certification course that empowers REALTORS® to reach out and serve an increasingly diverse
population. It is a full-day educational experience that considers the changing face of the real estate industry. More importantly, the course
teaches real estate professionals to increase their sensitivity to and adapt to future market trends, skills which will help them thrive as service
providers and community leaders.
At Home with Diversity addresses issues of diversity, fair housing, and cultural difference. All three subjects are closely related, and learning more about them will assist real estate professionals who serve diverse local markets.
This approximately 6-8-hour course has two goals:
- To heighten awareness of and sensitivity to the social and cultural constituencies of local real estate markets. Participants will learn
about the people who make up the local market, along with their values, customs, real estate needs, and expectations of real
- To provide practical skills and tools to increase the professional’s effectiveness in servicing all social groups. Specifically, the course builds skills in crosscultural communication and strategic business planning.
- Register for and begin classes on any day – classes are offered on February 10 & 11 2021 at TBA.
- EVENT DATE & TIME: February 10 and 11, 2021 – TIME (TBD).
- PRESENTED BY: 1st Equity powered by Leap EDU.
- EVENT LOCATION: LIVE Online broadcasted from Tiedin Studios.
has over 30 years experience as an educator and a real estate broker. A graduate on the City University of New York ( CUNY), he holds a BA in Romance Languages ( French, Italian and Spanish), an MA in Teaching English as a Second Language ( TESL) another MA in Hispanic Culture and Civilization from NYU/ Universidad de Salamanca, Spain, and a PD in Administration and Supervision from CUNY. He studied in several countries and organized and conducted study groups in many Western European countries and North Africa. Worked as a High School teacher and Administrator/ Supervisor as well as a College Adjunct.
IN 1986, he received his Real Estate salesperson license and in 1989 his Real Estate Broker license and opened his own company. Today he still runs the same company, Empire State Realty Group. He is a member of Brooklyn, Staten Island and Long Island Boards as well as a member of REBNY. He serves on Local, State and National Committees. Because of his academic background, he has an interest and a passion for Global Real Estate. He has been NAR’s Global Ambassador to Belize, Costa Rica and Panama as well as Nicaragua. He is an approved instructor in NY and NJ and prefers to teach AHWD, CIPS and RSPS. He strongly believes that “the next level” can be reached through education.
See promo for pricing below
Registration is always open – start classes on the same day.
At Home with Diversity was designed to meet adult learning needs. Information and activities are presented for each major learning objective in the course.
The format addresses the major styles of adult learning by answering these questions:
• Why must I learn this information?
• What will I learn?
• How can I use this information in my business?
At Home with Diversity spans 6-8 hours depending on the number of participants and exercises offered. The course can easily be expanded
for participants who require more than six hours of training to earn continuing education credit.
Note: Because of the length of this course, promptly begin each section, and then resume class after each break. A natural break in the course falls between Sections 3 and 4 if you are planning to set aside time for lunch.
- Analyze U.S. demographic information to interpret the impact of current trends on the real estate industry.
- Define terms related to diversity, equity, and inclusion to increase awareness of such words and ideas, and to appreciate people’s individual differences.
- Explain how inclusion is the goal of diversity sensitivity and how it will increase business.
- Discuss effective communication styles and how to provide equal service to clients in multicultural local markets.
- Describe the goals of fair housing laws and the One America Principles.
- Ensure you are advertising on social media in ways that do not discriminate.
- Offer your clients an increased level of understanding of cultural attitudes, practices, and communication differences, as well as business norms and etiquette.
- Summarize personal goals, objectives, and strategies to create a business plan that incorporates diversity.