with Andrew Russell
November 16, 2021
10:00 AM to 2:00 PM EST
Broadcasted LIVE Online From Tiedin Studios
Students will be able to accomplish the following:
- Explain what a mortgage is, the parties involved in a mortgage and their duties, and the instruments used in mortgaging property;
- Describe the basic provisions of default and foreclosure in mortgages;
- Describe what happens when a property that is already mortgaged is sold, and describe the purpose of estoppel certificate, mortgage reduction certificate, alienation clause, assumption of mortgage, and assignment of mortgage;
- Describe the purpose of and process for recording a mortgage and describe how to effect satisfaction of a mortgage lien;
- Define and describe down payment, principal, loan-to-value ratio, equity, interest, servicing, usury, points, annual percentage rate, and buydowns;
- Identify and describe the sources of real estate financing;
- Distinguish among the basic types of available mortgages, describe the payment options for each, calculate cash needed to pay points at closing, and define amortization; and
- Discuss to what extent mortgage loan payments are tax-deductible.
Course Learning Outcomes
About Our Instructor
Andrew Russell is a born and bred New York native currently living in Huntington. He is a resourceful, seasoned, and dynamic mortgage veteran. He is the owner of RCG Mortgage, a mortgage broker company, and specializes in the local market’s needs as it relates to purchasing transactions.
Comprehensive client education and continuously surpassing expectations from clients and referral partners alike has made him one of the top mortgage originators in the down state New York area. RCG Mortgage and Andrew are licensed in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, and Colorado.
Andrew started RCG Mortgage in 2017 and grew his business of 2 employees to almost 30 in 2 short years. Andrew is constantly adding new members to his team to assure top notch service levels and productivity. Andrew and his team relentlessly pursue the best mortgage options for each and every client. He is committed to finding all of his buyers the best mortgages possible while tailoring it to their specific needs. Seamless transactions with unmatchable red-carpet service is why Andrew has earned thousands of satisfied fans and clients.
Andrew is a seasoned presenter, and a learner who is constantly engaging in professional development and digital marketing. Andrew has partnered with BSM Vault, a digital marketing company, and provides his realtor partners with consistent ways to increase their business through social media and digital marketing. In his spare time, he likes to spend time with his two beautiful daughters Daniella and Gabriella.
Meet Our Experts
Matthew Rubino, Esq.
Matthew A. Rubino, Esq. is a transactional Real Estate Attorney with offices in both Syosset and Smithtown. He represents buyers and sellers of single and multi-family dwellings, condos, co-ops, etc. His team is well versed in all aspects of real estate including short sales, auction purchases and foreclosure sales.
The team at the Law Offices of Matthew A. Rubino pride themselves in constant communication with their clients and other real estate professionals with each team member speaking both English and Spanish.
Matthew is happily married and has a three-year-old son who is his pride and joy.
Carolyn Zeiger maintains the highest level of experience and professionalism as the Senior Clearance Officer with Clear Choice Abstract. With over 40 years of experience in multiple facets of the title industry, she has become an authority on troubleshooting and clearing New York State title transactions.
Carolyn is often called upon to lead in teaching a variety of topics including but not limited to clearing title defects, erroneous satisfied liens, fence and survey variances, tax liens, judgments, and foreclosures. An additional area of her expertise is the proper process and procedure for Solar Financing on Real Estate Transactions.
Carolyn’s culmination of experience has gained her recognition as an industry resource for both new and seasoned title professionals.